20 January 2011

When Work Takes Over

I love my job. I know that's often rare nowadays, but I feel as though I'm one of the lucky ones.

I work as an indirect buyer for a quintessentially British retailer. Our whole team works incredibly hard but mainly because we all have a lot of fun doing it.

This week, I've been implementing a project I've been working on for the past 6 months and have been running around like a headless chicken - it was one of those times when you think you've covered everything and accounted for all eventualities but then the little things start to unravel.

The unravelling has led to late nights in the office and subsequently, absolutely no sewing - I haven't even had time to cut out fabric!

Depressing. Very depressing indeed.

Fortunately, the husband and I are off to France tomorrow to visit the parents-in-law. Okay, so it does mean there will be even less sewing activity until next Tuesday, but it also means I finally get a break.

Apologies in advance for the lack of blogging.......I intend on sewing until my fingers fall off on my return!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend - can't wait to catch up on all your blogs when I get back.

1 comment:

  1. Have a lovely time in France! It's great to have some time off work and day to day routine!

    ReplyDelete