30 January 2011

Fine Line Between Love And Hate

When I was a teenager, I detested animal print. I associated it with everything that was cheap, common and trashy.

Oh how times have changed......

10 years on and I can't get enough of the stuff. Don't get me wrong - the shiny, stretchy fabric still leaves me feeling queasy, but check out these for classic inspiration, from the 40s through to today.






I'm progressing slowly with my next creation, but I am progressing.
Whilst I'm not convinced my attempts with black and white animal print will result in such gorgeousness, I'm going to give it a go.

And you'll be pleased to hear, my fabric neither stretches nor shines!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to see what you doing! And I'm with you on the animal prints. Used to hate them but now really like them :) I think it's how you wear them that matters and makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued at the outcome that you are doing, I can´t wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really looking forward to reading your posts on this new project. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete